How to set up Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)/2 Factor-Authentication (2FA)?
Modified on: Tue, 4 Jun, 2019 at 9:34 AM
- Install Google Authenticator Application on your Android or iOS mobile phone.
- Add your MessageXchange account in it by clicking on Begin Setup or the + icon. Depending on your phone, you will be prompted two options- Scan a barcode/Scan barcode and Enter a provided key/Manual entry. Choose the one you want.
- On MessageXchange Home page, select the Multi-Factor Auth option. Enter your MessageXchange password and click Submit.
- On next page you will get a QR code as well as an alphanumeric key.
- If you have chosen Scan a barcode/Scan barcode option in step 2, then scan the given QR code with your phone.
- If you have chosen Enter a provided key/Manual entry option in step 2, then enter the given alphanumeric key in the app on your phone.
- On this page, you will also get 2 options to choose regarding when you want to use MFA. Choose one of the options and click the Confirm button.
- Require Multi-Factor authentication on logon.
- Require Multi-Factor authentication only for specific Projects.
- If you selected MFA on logon, then after logon ID and password verification, you will be asked to enter the 6-digit MFA code. This code can be found on on Google Authenticator app on your device (iOS or Android). If you selected MFA only for specific Projects, then you will be asked to enter the code only when you go to a particular project, which requires MFA.